Helpful Tips for Re-homing a Bunny
- NEVER EVER advertise “Free to good home”
- Spay/neuter the animal to avoid attracting backyard breeders or puppy mill operators
- Charge at least $25 to discourage resale of pets to labs and others
- Ask each prospective owner for his/her veterinarian’s name as a reference and check it.
- Ask for identification in the form of a photo I.D. Write down the information, or scan/photocopy it if possible
- Ask for a phone number and explain that you’d like to check on how the animal’s doing. An honest person will gladly share the information with you.
- Have the person sign an “adoption” contract concerning your pet stating that they will not go to research. Having this in writing gives you legal recourse.
- Ask to visit the place where your pet will live before your release the pet to the new owner.
Right here is the perfect webpage for anybody who wishes to understand this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really will need toÖHaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject which has been written about for decades. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!